Our vision for St Mary MacKillop Primary school is to be a Christ centered community which challenges students to develop their unique gifts and talents through a supportive partnership of school, parents and parish.
- To provide educational opportunities for all members of the school community to develop to their full potential — intellectually, spiritually, creatively, emotionally, and physically
- To strive for academic excellence
- To encourage a learning community built on a partnership of school, home, parish and local community
- To foster Christian values in the Catholic tradition through our teaching and actions
- To provide a caring environment in which all individuals are valued and respected, and where each person has a sense of self-worth and achievement
- To enact a pastoral care policy that aims at genuine self-discipline through positive affirmation and service to others.
Our School Motto
The school motto is ‘Together We Grow’ and this motto is given life through the school's vision to realise an alive and growth-promoting community which reflects the values of the Gospel. Regular prayer and liturgy for both staff and children permeate the life of the school.
The keynote of discipline is that of a lived respect for each person in the school community. Over the years, a strong and vibrant school community has been built where a variety of personal gifts are celebrated.
In this community the uniqueness of each person is affirmed, initiatives are encouraged and a positive self-esteem, both communally and individually, is evident.